Hi everyone! Just a quick post to let you in on all of our New Year’s Resolution making for 2019! We have a great year planned, and we have already started!
1. Our first order of business for 2019 was decluttering the house. I’m not going to bore you with all the details, or the pictures, but basically, we went through every single nook, cranny, drawer and cupboard to reduce the clutter down to its most minimal state. I have been reading a lot about decluttering and simplifying lately, and though I haven’t watched Marie Kondo’s Netflix show, I have been seeing a lot of her methods on Pinterest. That said, my house has never been so empty! LOL! 🙂
2. After all of the decluttering in our house was done, I decided that it was time to work on the dollhouse. The Little Miss was excited about that. She has been requesting lately that we completely renovate the dollhouse into something more fit for a teen. I immediately hit Pinterest to see what I could find.
Here are just a few examples of my inspiration. My actual board on Pinterest has like 1000 things on it. It’s more cluttered than my house was!! LOL!
Once I had an idea of what direction I wanted to go, it was time to decide which room in the dollhouse that we were going to work on first. I suggested that we go with the first room that we built.
Here we are starting our demolition.
After demolition was complete, and the room was emptied out, we added paint, and baseboards.
I got busy making pillows.
I discovered that I could print out a design I liked, and then trace it onto white fabric to make these really cute throw pillows. I just used regular acrylic paint, and it worked fine.
Furniture was next. We have this MyLifeAs desk. I wasn’t a huge fan of it, so I thought about how I could change it.
I picked up a gold placemat and some gold paint as well as some gems. What a huge difference!!
I also spray painted the beds that we have for this room. They had butterflies on them, so I spray painted them all over white instead. I still have to make the mattresses, but I’ve been experimenting with furniture arrangement.
And of course we will be overhauling, and renovating all of the other rooms in the dollhouse as well so stay tuned! ❤ 🙂 If you would like to see the BEFORE pictures of our mega dollhouse, just click HERE.
3. We also have a doll classroom that I really want to get set up. I built the room box for it, but then the Little Miss moved all of her Littlest Pet Shops in there, and kind of took over. LOL!
The Little Miss received her for Christmas, so I am determined to sew up a whole bunch of galaxy themed outfits for her. I also kind of want to build her a Mars Habitat, but that might be a stretch even for me. The real question is, do we even have the space to store it. LOL! We will definitely be crafting up some of her accessory sets though.
Other items on our resolutions list include:
5. More Disney Animator doll outfits. Our thrift store girls are still naked, and forlorn. I keep saying that I’m going to sew outfits for all of them, but so far I’ve only gotten around to cleaning them all up, and getting their hair sorted. Here’s just a few of our lovely Disney girls getting their hair done!
6. Molly’s Miss Victory outfit. I have all of the supplies to sew this for our Molly, I just haven’t gotten around to it. This is the year!! I hope. LOL! 🙂
Actually this New Year’s Resolution list is coming up Molly. We have a few things that we want to complete for her.
7. Molly’s kitchen backdrop for starters. Okay, I started painting this last year, but then I got super busy with other projects. I think it’s time to finish it.
8. Molly’s bedding. We got Molly’s bed for a really great price on eBay, but it has no comforter. I have this perfect red fabric for it, I just need to organize the time. It looks pretty cute when I just drape the red fabric on there though. 🙂 Yeah that’s just me being lazy. LOL!
9. Pattern organization. I have quite a few patterns that I still have to print out, and get organized. I also want to finish tracing all of my AG patterns. I tend not to use patterns if they are on onion paper, so I usually trace them out onto computer paper.
10. Book writing. Yes, I am writing a new book! I am not quite ready to title it, and I’m not entirely sure if it will be a series or not, but so far so good! I’m four Chapters in, and 40 pages. I’m very excited to be writing again. Editing was sort of killing my soul. LOL! 🙂 The third book in my YA Trilogy will be released very soon, too. It is just in its final edit, which is out of my hands. 🙂
11. Bouquet bed. I actually started building this bed, but then I couldn’t decide if I wanted it to be a replica of the AG one, or if I wanted to do my own thing, so I put the project on hold. Depending on how the dollhouse renovation goes, I will finally decide what type of bed I’m actually building. LOL! 🙂
12. More emphasis on the historical dolls. I have been very focused on the modern dolls lately, sewing modern doll clothing, making doll food, and I’m not quitting. However, I just adore the historical dolls, so as much as I love making modern items, I feel like my historical girls have been neglected for a long time.
This year, I hope to get around to setting up a permanent space where all of my historical girls can live, and I can set up some historical scenes. I want to sew up some of the historical doll patterns that I have collected over the years too, especially the original Pleasant Company doll clothing patterns. I would also like to create some of the historical doll play sets, so you will probably be seeing more historical crafts in the near future. Here’s our Addy in her kitchen that I had set up temporarily. She is modelling the Pleasant Company dresses that I made for the girls last Christmas.
Of course, this set up was immediately hijacked by my daughter’s Littlest Pet shops. Sigh. LOL!
13. Meet Our Dolls update. Since it was written, we have acquired quite a few new dolls so this page is in need of a major update. I would also like to create a separate page for our Disney Animator girls as well as the Hearts for Hearts dolls. Of course, first we need to get some clothing on them. LOL! 🙂
14. Etsy shop. So last year I set up an Etsy shop, and I was excited! I was ready to just start churning out doll goodness like the crazy OCD person that I am. That’s when I was pretty much blind sided by the cost of shipping. I’ve been working on trying to come up with a solution that will enable me to actually ship the items that I make without having to charge an arm and a leg. For now, I’m afraid that the Etsy will have to wait. I thought about only selling locally, but that was soon kiboshed as well when my first craft show went a little like this:
Customer: Are these clothes for cats?
Me: No, they are clothes for dolls.
Customer: Huh? Oh. That’s weird. Do you make sizes for cats?
LOL!! I was getting pretty much the same response from almost everyone there as though I was the weird one. So, besides a lovely lady I met on Facebook who happens to live in my town, I think we are the only two doll gals here. That being said, selling locally was a bust.
I am going to continue looking into the shipping problem with Etsy though. Anyone who knows me, knows that I’m not one to just give up, so I am going to try to work this thing out. I have also applied for a business shipping card, so maybe that will help. Hopefully, I can find a better option. I just feel terrible charging over $10 shipping for one doll dress. 😦 It’s the same reason why I don’t sell items on eBay. Sigh.
15. Learn more about my new sewing machine. With the purchase of a new machine last year, I have a whole ton to learn. I want to master buttons, and zippers. I also want to try out all of the funky embroidery stitching. I would like to master my serger this year as well, but I think that I first have to take it in for a maintenance check. Put it on the list I guess. 🙂
Well, I think I will leave it there for the resolutions for 2019! I don’t want to make too long a list, or I will be overwhelmed before I even start!
How about you? Have you made any resolutions for this year?
Cheers to 2019! 🙂 May it be the best year yet!
Leave a comment below!
❤ ❤ ❤