Hi guys! We are coming up on the New Year, so I decided that I would post about some of the New Year’s resolutions that have been floating around in my head lately. I figure that writing them all down in a list makes it more real which means I will be more likely to get them done, or at the very least, I won’t forget what I was supposed to do. Hopefully. 🙂
So without further adieu, let’s begin!
Faking It Mostly’s New Year’s Resolutions List for 2018:
- Finish novel editing. This one is first priority, and it is so close to being done, so it will be the first thing checked off the list. I am also looking forward to starting my next novel right away, but I should really focus on one thing at a time. 🙂
- Build onto the mega dollhouse. Yes, we are going to be adding on to our mega dollhouse this year! We’ve decided to get rid of what is currently being called the doll condo, and use the extra space to build some more rooms. How exciting! And of course more doll rooms means more room decor and more doll furniture builds, so stay tuned for that! We will also do a new dollhouse tour once the new rooms are added since some things have changed. 🙂 ❤
- Mini doll spotlight. We adore the minis, but they really don’t get much limelight on the blog. I have also finished a lot more of the mini dollhouse than I have posted on here, so I would like to get around to posting about that.
- Set up our photo studio. Guess who got photography lights for Christmas? Woot! Woot! Anyway, I am currently overhauling our craft room to set up space for photography, so that should be loads of fun. I am also going to try my hand at painting some doll photo backdrops. We’ll see how it goes. I’m not an artist by any means. I’m not a photographer either, but I am grateful for the new lights.
- Doll makeovers. We have had a lot of new dolls come to live with us in the past year. Some needed some real work, so I would like to catch up on posting about that. I have also built some racks for storing the dolls that I would like to get around to installing. Right now they are sitting in my garage waiting to be painted. I have a few Bratz dolls that I would like to do some make under repaints on as well. I still haven’t perfected the art of repaints, but I am getting there. I just need more practice.
- Sew More. With my Etsy grand opening coming up, it goes without saying that first I have to fill the shelves. 😛 That means lots of sewing! I’ve already got my patterns and fabric lined up! I also have some reproduction sewing in mind. I would like to sew some more of the outfits from the original Pleasant Company patterns as well as create some of the newer American Girl outfits. I have had my eye on a couple of outfits that I would like to try to reproduce. 🙂
- Learn to use my new serger. With sewing to sell, I really think it is important to try to create a product that looks as professional as possible. I got a new serger. I’m kinda terrified of it, but I am determined to conquer it. LOL!
- Christmas haul and reviews. Okay, I always say I am going to do reviews of our Christmas, and then I never get around to it. I am going to try to force myself to really do it this year.
- Giveaways. Let’s face it. We love giveaways, so this year we are going to make it a point to do at least one giveaway each month. We’ve been really slack on the giveaways, so I’m going to try to step it up a whole lot more.
- Historical Doll Crafts. I guess this isn’t really a resolution, just a heads up of what’s to come. Don’t get me wrong, we will still be doing regular crafting, but there are a lot of historical doll items that I really want to craft, and haven’t gotten around to, so hopefully this motivates me to get on it!
- Doll Making. There are some super cute patterns online for doll making that I really want to check out. One blog that I found recently is called GingerMelonDolls. She also has an Etsy store, and her doll making patterns are so adorable. I don’t know how well mine would turn out, but there’s no harm in trying I always say. She offers some free patterns on her blog as well.
- Posting More Regularly. I’m not going to make a blog schedule or anything because life can be pretty unpredictable, but I can tell you that I am going to be posting more regularly on here. Christmas kind of swept me away there for a bit, but now that I am back, I am going to try to focus more on the blog. I need to do a clean up on here as well. There are a lot of old posts that I should probably get rid of to free up some space. Of course, that’s all behind the scenes stuff. 🙂
I guess I will stop there at an even dozen. 🙂 Do you have any plans for New Year’s?
We get together with the neighbours every year to ring in the New Year in block party fashion. Our kids have grown up together, so we often get together. We play games and eat appy’s and drink. It’s nice because everyone is within walking distance of home.
Should she wear a necklace, or maybe a bracelet? How about that sparkly brooch over there? Hmm decisions, decisions.
❤ ❤ ❤
Well, here’s to a brand new year! Time to out with the old, and ring in the new!
Oh, and that reminds me, Girl of the Year 2018, Luciana Vega is coming out tomorrow too! Squee!! 😛
Ohmygoodness! Ohmygoodness! We’ve seen quite a few sneak peeks of the doll along with her collection, and we have to say, we are pretty dang excited to finally meet her!! Whoo! 🙂
What do you think? Are you excited for GOTY 2018? Will she be joining your doll clan? How about New Year’s resolutions? Anything big on your list? Let us know in the comments below!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018!!!
❤ ❤ ❤